Sunday, March 20, 2011

So this is my first ever blog, so excuse me if I bounce around from point to point. While on formspring last night, I was asked a question " Your opinion on high-school relationships?". While I had something like 150 words typed in I realized that I should just give a blog a try. Considering I can write more and develop a better opinion.

So here starts the journey, in my three years of high school I have seen a lot. But it seems that, girls look too much for perfection, well in looks anyways. They see the first guy who doesn't have any acne, or is perfectly skinny and assume that he is their dream guy. They have a crush, that person usually turns out to be the player. They get their heart broken, and used for god knows what. Then they live off the assumption that all guys are jerks, players, and in it for the sex. So basically, one good looking horny guy just ruined four years of this girls life. But, in my opinion.. It shouldn't be in looks we seek, because hey in 60 years were all wrinkly, grey haired, bingo-playing grandparents. We should look more into their personality, and who they are as a person. But hey don't get me wrong I don't imagine myself being with nice caring Yolanda from the tattoo factory, who has more piercings then IQ points. All that I am saying, is nobody's perfect. And odds are, if you keep judging your interest in people on their looks alone your going to have some long years ahead of you. If you look around your high school, notice the relationships that last a long time. Pretty, popular girls giving the not so good looking guys a chance. Everyone wonders, " How does he do it?". Odds are the guy is a really caring, nice guy. And the girl is a role-model to what girls should be like.

Whats sad is that, girls complain so much about how they have their heart broken. And they keep asking themselves why? It's the whole fact that, the guy who would treat you right was probably talking to you when you went for the other guy. But you saw him as a friend because he didn't message you right off the bat saying " your cute ", or like five of your photos. I guess, its more of me speaking from experience.. I have been the guy that has been looked over in the past, but hey theres nothing I can do to change the past. Only make up for what I didn't do, in the future. So I leave you with one thought. Regardless of who you are, or when you read this, I hope it has instilled a little thought in your head. Care less about looks, because thats something that can change overnight. Look more into who a person is, because that will be with them for a lifetime.

1 Comments:

At March 20, 2011 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Janna Turinski said...

Wow, Brian...This is such an inspiring blog. It's something I will probably spend all night pondering.

Though, I think you came off the wrong way while explaining about girls, because in fact, not all of them seek looks in a guy. Although there are quite a few of them, you only hear about their stories because they complain. There are many that have longlasting-good realationships because they ARE able to look past the looks of the guy.

Other than that small comment, good job. I look forward to reading on in the future. (:

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home